When I signed up for the Made In America Blog Hop I was unsure of what kind of theme I would come up with. Well I never really did come up with a theme but I did however find some really great American Made Companies to work with. One of those great companies that I found is Marie's Original Poision Ivy/Oak Soap.
Do you know what to look for when it comes to spotting the poision planets? I know I am not good at spotting them but Jake is and I'm thankful for that. So far I have been lucky enough not to need to use this soap, but I am happy that I have it here if needed.
- Grows around lakes and streams in the Midwest and the East
- Woody, rope like vine, a trailing shrub on the ground, or a free-standing shrub
- Normally three leaflets (groups of leaves all on the same small stem coming off the larger main stem), but may vary from groups of three to nine
- Leaves are green in the summer and red in the fall
- Yellow or green flowers and white berries
- Western (along the Pacific coast) grows to 6-foot-tall clumps or vines up to 30 feet long; Eastern (from New Jersey to Texas) grows as a low shrub
- Oak-like leaves, usually in clusters of three
- Clusters of yellow berries
- Grows in boggy areas, especially in the Southeast
- Rangy shrub up to 15 feet tall
- Seven to 13 smooth-edged leaflets
- Glossy pale yellow or cream-colored berries
Poison Ivy/Oak is not toxic or poisonous but the oil contained in the plant has the ability to penetrate the top 5 to 8 layers of the skin and bind with our natural body fluids causing a severe histamine reaction. All of the itching, weeping, swelling and pain that occur are from our own body’s defense system working on trying to get this oil out from under the skin. For someone who is sensitive to the oil, one fifty thousandth of a drop is enough to cause a major reaction. My one Aunt is like this if the wind blows the oil onto her skin she breaks out in a horrible rash. Marie's poison ivy/oak soap helps remove the oils of the poison ivy/oak plant from the skin, and speeds healing of poison ivy/oak and other minor skin rashes and it helps calm down the reaction from the body.
Ingredients of Marie's Poision Ivy/Oak Soap
Marie's Poison Ivy/Oak Soap does not contain any dyes, artificial ingredients or scents. The ingredients are Vegetable glycerine soap, Organic oat bran, Argile montmorillonite, Olive oil, Infusions or essential oils of Betula lenta, Salix alba, Morinda citrifolia, Sassafras albidum and Grindelia camporum. Are you asking what some of these items are well I have a list below for you so you know exactly what it is in the soap.
- Argile montmorillonite = a type of clay typically formed as a weathering product of low silica rocks; a major component of bentonite
- Betula lenta = a tree, commonly known as the cherry birch, sweet birch or black birch
- Salix alba = a tree, commonly known as the white willow
- Morinda citrifolia = a large shrub or medium size tree, commonly known as the cheesefruit, koonjerung, tokoonja or great morinda
- Sassafras albidum = a tree, commonly known as the sassafras
- Grindelia camporum = a hardy perennial plant, commonly known as the giant gum plant
I feel that Marie's Poison Ivy/Oak Soap should be a vital part of each family's First Aid Kit just in case you or your children ever come in contact with poison oak, ivy or sumac.
How does Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap work you ask?
Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap has a Unique TRIPLE ACTING FORMULA:
1. It Stops the Itch - Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap contains Sassafras, a root bark that traditionally has a natural antihistamine action that immediately stops the itching.
2. It Heals - Marie’s Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap contains Noni and White Willow; two herbs that traditionally help heal swelling, pain and irritation.
3. It Prevents - The soap has a mechanical action. The green clay and organic oat bran pull any toxins or irritants that might be present off of the skin. This mechanical action stops the progression of the irritation.
Make sure you stop by Marie's Poison Ivy/Oak Soap Website and get some of this soap today!! How would you like to have some of Marie's Original Poison Ivy/Oak Soap to add to your First Aid Kit? Well then make sure you come back and enter the "Made In America Event" for your chance to win some of this great and handy soap as well as other great products made right here in AMERICA!!