One thing my kids love is gummies! Though I am not a fan of all the added sugar and dyes I usually do some label reading before buying any. I was recently sent this great recipe from kidstir to make my own gummies and can not wait to make some with the kids. I wanted to share the recipe with all of you so you can make your own gummies as well.
What You Need:
1 cup juice per flavor (carrot/orange and cranberry/raspberry)
~ you can use any juice you'd like
2 envelops unflavored gelatin (1 pack per flavor of juice)
What You Do:
- Measure 1 cup of juice. Pour 2/3 of the cup into the cooking pot. Leave 1/3 cup in the measuring cup and sprinkle it with the unflavored gelatin and let it sit.
- Heat the juice until it starts to boil. Carefully pour the hot juice over the gelatin.
- Stir for about 5 minutes, or until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour it into candy molds and or ice cube trays (pour over the sink in case of spills).
- Refrigerate until the gummies set, about 5 hours. Run the molds under hot water and slip out the shapes. Eat right away or cover and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Makes about 4 servings (makes 12 to 60 gummies, depending on the size of your molds or ice cube trays)
If you try this recipe tag me in a Instagram photo of your gummies using hashtag #AndersonsAngels or feel free to share about them below!!