This post is sponsored by College Prep Science. Copyright 2020 by Greg Landry.
I know that I have been starting to listen to Podcast's more lately. It seems like you can find a Podcast for just about anything you could possibly be interested in. It is nice to be able to just sit back and relax while listening to a Podcast on a subject I am interested in.
Former college professor, homeschool dad, and homeschool science pioneer, Greg Landry, has a new podcast specifically for homeschool moms – the Homeschool Mom’s Science Podcast. The purpose of this podcast to encourage, entertain, and equip homeschool moms to teach science (6th - 12th grade) and to make it interesting and enjoyable for students (and mom).
You’ll enjoy a familiar voice with science, stories, and humor every week – a new homeschool mom’s podcast available every Tuesday morning.
Episode #1 – Intro & She Married Me Anyway
Professor Landry will also cover:
- Interesting and unique aspects of teaching Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy & Physiology. - Teaching science to your children who aren't going to college or who won't be college science majors and preparing students for college. - Preparing students for the ACT - The ins and outs of creating good lab reports. - From years of teaching university students and homeschooled students he’ll tell you some great stories (including cadaver lab stories)! - And much more.
- Order of middle school and high school science classes
- How to teach science to "non-science" students vs. college-bound science majors.
- What my wife and I learned about getting our homeschooled children through the college experience
- How your children can benefit from daily graphing and how to teach it
- How to write good lab reports and mistakes to avoid
- Stories from the cadaver lab
- How and why to teach the metric system
- His experience with homeschoolers as a college professor
- Top homeschool science mistakes and how to avoid them
- What you don't know about college sports scholarships for average homeschool athletes
- How to teach cellular respiration
- What my wife and I learned from searching for colleges for our homeschooled daughters
- What your students should know about basic statistics
- Why and how to teach measurement
- Should you take the ACT and SAT?
- How to prepare for each section of the ACT
- And much more
Do you have a topic you’d like discussed on the homeschool podcast? We’d love to hear from you!
Homeschool dad, scientist, and former college professor, Greg Landry, offers live, online homeschool science classes, Homeschool ACT Prep Bootcamp, the Homeschool Mom’s Science Podcast, in-person two-day science lab intensives nationwide, freebies for homeschool moms, and student-produced homeschool print publications.