To inspire women to lead a healthier lifestyle, Colgate recommends women follow these small steps provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women’s Health:
- Visit a doctor or nurse to receive regular checkups and preventive screenings. Schedule your annual well-woman visit National Women's Checkup Day, Monday May 11. Use this time to discuss your health goals, concerns or questions.
- Get active. Try to incorporate more physical activity into your daily routine. Walk or bike to work or park your car further away from your destination.
- Eat healthy. Making healthier food choices can be as simple as using a smaller plate at meals to help control portions or choosing water instead of soda and other sugary drinks.
- Pay attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing stress. Try and set aside at least 15 minutes each day in your busy schedule to do something for yourself.
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, texting while driving, and not wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet.